[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - New Portlet Instance Preferences

leejameskevan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 4 08:07:15 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm getting an error when doing the following:

- navigate to admin page on vanilla (binary installation) 2.4.2 deployment
- click on 'portlets'
- create new instance of CMS portlet
- navigate to 'Instances'
- navigate to my new instance, click on 'preferences'
- insert new value for 'indexpage' key and press 'update'

The error is always "The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request"

I'm on a clean deployment of 2.4.2 (CR1) - to deploy this I did the following;

- undeployed the old version by closing AS, removing server/default/data/portal folder, removing old portal .sar, dropping all tables
- restart AS
- stop AS
- deploy 2.4.2 .sar
- restart AS

Is this a know issue?

I'm using the following versions:

AS 4.0.5.GA
Portal 2.4.2 (CR1)
MySQL 5.0.26 with truncation workaround applied
JDK 1.5.0_09
Windows XP Prof

Anything else you need to know?

Thanks