[jboss-user] Using Axis2 with Jboss AS 4.0.X?

Lennhoff, Larry J (Larry) ljlennhoff at avaya.com
Fri May 4 10:36:49 EDT 2007

Hi

I'm currently working on a J2EE based application that is supposed to be
application server independent.  We are using Axis 2 for our web
services platform, bundling the Axis2 jars into our application war.  We
are not using JBossWS.

The web services piece we have works just fine under stand-alone tomcat.
When we take the same war and deploy it to JBoss 4.0.5, the web service
Junit test does not work.  We get the following exception:

2007-05-03 16:48:28,762 INFO
[org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine] no modules directory
found under
C:\jboss-4.0.5.GA\server\default\tmp\deploy\tmp44739um-exp.war\WEB-INF

2007-05-03 16:48:29,483 ERROR
[org.apache.axis2.description.WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilder] WSDLException
(at /wsdl:definitions/wsdl:types/xsd:schema[1]): faultCode=OTHER_ERROR:
An error occurred trying to resolve schema referenced at 'UserMgmt.xsd',
relative to
'C:\jboss-4.0.5.GA\server\default\.\tmp\deploy\tmp44739um-exp.war\WEB-IN
F\services\UserMgmtService\META-INF'.: no content-type:
java.net.UnknownServiceException: no content-type

            at java.net.URLConnection.getContentHandler(Unknown Source)

The beginning of UserMgmt.wsdl is as follows:

<wsdl:definitions xmlns:umschema="http://xml.avaya.com/schema/user/mgmt"
xmlns:um="http://xml.avaya.com/wsdl/user/mgmt"
xmlns:wsa="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing"
xmlns:wsx="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/09/mex"
xmlns:ns="http://xml.avaya.com/schema/user"
targetNamespace="http://xml.avaya.com/wsdl/user/mgmt">

      <wsdl:types>

            <xsd:schema elementFormDefault="qualified"
targetNamespace="http://xml.avaya.com/wsdl/user/mgmt">

                  <xsd:import
namespace="http://xml.avaya.com/schema/user/mgmt"
schemaLocation="UserMgmt.xsd"/>

        </xsd:schema>

            <xsd:schema elementFormDefault="qualified"
targetNamespace="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing">

                  <xsd:include
schemaLocation="WS-Addressing-2005_08.xsd"/>

            </xsd:schema>

            <xsd:schema elementFormDefault="qualified"
targetNamespace="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/09/mex">

                  <xsd:include
schemaLocation="WS-MetadataExchange-2004_09.xsd"/>

            </xsd:schema>

</wsdl:types>

The following import statement is included in UserMgmt.xsd:

      <import namespace="http://xml.avaya.com/schema/user"
schemaLocation="AvUser.xsd"/>

Any idea why this work work under tomcat and not under jboss?

Thanks in advance for any help

Larry