[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Is seam-gen really a good idea to learn about seam?

petemuir do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 4 10:58:48 EDT 2007

I really think you are coming from this upside down - Seam is *simplest* to run in an EE5 container - and, obviously, JBoss AS is the most tested - using the microcontainer or EEJB3 is *more complex*.  Seam was built for EE5 environments - elsewhere we provide code to make it more like an EE5 environment!  This is why we start with tutorials which run on an EE5 platform.

If you are learning Seam I strongly recommend starting with JBoss AS and seam-gen.  Get the basics down, then, if you need to, you can get your app working on another server.

We do need to indicate which features aren't available if you don't have an EE5 environment so that you can do a proper evaluation of Seam at the outset, and don't have control over your app server.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4043234#4043234

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4043234