[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - Unabled to enlist resource Jboss 4.2 CR2

swjackson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 4 12:41:35 EDT 2007

I just upgraded from   jboss-4.0.5.GA.  I am now getting an issue which could related to the new binding -b option on startup.

When trying to obtain a database connection to Sybase ASE I get the following Exception below.

The extra arg1 is my machine name but jboss is adding an incorrect domain and I don't know where it is getting that information.   How can I prevent jboss vrom adding on the machine.domain to the connection request?

This exception originates from Sybase due to the following issue
SQL Warning
java.sql.SQLWarning: 010HT: Hostname property truncated, maximum length is 30:
 Also found an internal error:  Could not find argument marker in error message.
 This does not affect normal operation of the application, but Sybase Technical Support should be made aware of this error.
 [extra arg1:mymachine.domain]

org.jboss.util.NestedSQLException: Could not enlist in transaction on entering meta-aware object!; - nested throwable: (javax.transaction.SystemException: java.lang.Throwable: Unabled to enlist resource, see the previous warnings. tx=TransactionImple < ac, BasicAction: a2d8b2f:bcb1:463b5c6a:42 status: ActionStatus.ABORT_ONLY >); - nested throwable: (org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Could not enlist in transaction on entering meta-aware object!; - nested throwable: (javax.transaction.SystemException: java.lang.Throwable: Unabled to enlist resource, see the previous warnings. tx=TransactionImple < ac, BasicAction: a2d8b2f:bcb1:463b5c6a:42 status: ActionStatus.ABORT_ONLY >))
	at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrapperDataSource.getConnection(WrapperDataSource.java:94)
	at org.hibernate.ejb.connection.InjectedDataSourceConnectionProvider.getConnection(InjectedDataSourceConnectionProvider.java:47)
	at org.hibernate.jdbc.ConnectionManager.openConnection(ConnectionManager.java:423)
	at org.hibernate.jdbc.ConnectionManager.getConnection(ConnectionManager.java:144)
	at org.hibernate.jdbc.AbstractBatcher.prepareQueryStatement(AbstractBatcher.java:139)
	at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.prepareQueryStatement(Loader.java:1547)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4043273#4043273

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4043273