[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Is seam-gen really a good idea to learn about seam?

fperedo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 4 12:55:45 EDT 2007

I agree... Seam is simplest to use in an EE5 container... perhpas my problem is that I am used to other frameworks on which you learn the other way around:
1) How to do  it without EE5
2) How to do it with EE5

I guess all this comes from the fact that I would love to use Seam over OC4J... but from what I have read over the net, OC4J is kindof a EE4 container with "full EJB3 support"  (so... it is a an... EE4.5 container?) and since I liked Seam a lot a would like to use it, even if I have to "turn off" some of its features... but the thing is there is no guide to know what features will I miss if I have to do that (maybe I'll endup with a Seam so crippled that I would prefer to use some other framework)
I know it is not you fault... I would prefer to use JBoss or Glassfish, but OC4J is already deployed at my work, and there is some pressure to use it...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4043278#4043278

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4043278