[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: While Seam is great, is any weakness of this framework?

ASavitsky do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 4 13:52:51 EDT 2007

Because we're a major bank where everyone cannot run whatever they please. There are tons of regulations regarding what is allowed to run production environments. There's an architectural department that makes such decisions for a few years ahead. There are administrators that are hired with specific skill sets. But, yes, I guess I'll simply go to our production admins and say "Hey, why aren't you willing to just download JBoss AS for free and use the embedded Tomcat?". Yes, that suddenly seems a terribly good idea...

Seriously though, we here have WebSphere for mission-critical apps (no, I don't want to go into argument why are we using it), plus Tomcat for everything else that doesn't require a full-blown appserver. Tomcat administration is order of magnitude simpler than it is for an appserver, so, in the long run, these guys are saving a good money on support costs, both hardware and salaries.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4043296#4043296

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4043296