[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Nested conversations and transaction management

FabBoco do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat May 5 02:44:45 EDT 2007

Christian,

anonymous wrote :
  | Yes, you have a fuzzy picture about what system transactions are and now look for the wrong solutions. Seam and Java EE have _all_ options you need to handle transactions. Don't jump into the middle trying to use nested conversations, long-running persistence contexts, and complex EJB/transaction assemblies, without understanding the basics first.

let me say that it is too strong !!

You say, don't, don't, don't ....

This is what I am trying to do

anonymous wrote :
  | What I am trying to do is very simple:
  |
  | 1) I start an input form for the Entity Bean A
  |
  | 2) From the input form I open a pop up window in which I can choose items from EB B or I can create new items
  |
  | 3) When I close the pop up the A form is update (so that the back entity bean)
  |
  | 4) If I cancel the operation I would like that the B items would not be saved to the database

It's fuzzy ?

In my fuzzy understanding of transactions I know that, if all the previous operations are performed into ONE SINGLE transaction (system, database, whatever you like to call) I can cancel the operation and have the database in a consistent state.

Nothing more, nothing less.

anonymous wrote :
  | Seam and Java EE have _all_ options you need to handle transactions.

Regards

Fab

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4043409#4043409

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4043409