[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - ClassNotFoune Exception in Tomcat Servlet in response to a r

tonioc do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat May 5 13:43:32 EDT 2007

Hi,

My configuration:

1. Jboss 4.0.5.GA - EJB3
2.Tomcat 5.5.23 in an independent JVM
3.All jboss-client jar's are in tomcat's share class loader, not in the war-archive

I'm experiencing a strange problem when calling a
stateless Session Bean from Tomcat.

- The first time I call it gives a ClassNotFoundException
- The second/third/etc time I call it works OK
- If I wait for nearly 30 seconds, it repeats the same problem

I'm sure all classes are in my war.

This is the top of my stack-trace

  | 14:27:59 [remoting.transport.socket.SocketClientInvoker-http-9080-Processor25] ERROR - Error loading classes from remote call result.
  |  java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: isoa.investments.entity.PublicBond
  |         at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1359)
  |         at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1205)
  |         at org.jboss.remoting.loading.RemotingClassLoader.loadClass(RemotingClassLoader.java:50)
  |         at org.jboss.remoting.loading.ObjectInputStreamWithClassLoader.resolveClass(ObjectInputStreamWithClassLoader.java:139)

I've also tested putting jboss-all-client.jar in my war, and the same
error occurs.

Any help will be greatly welcome.
thanks in advance
tonio