[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: ClassCastException: org.jboss.seam.jsf.SeamApplication11

titou09 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon May 7 10:45:55 EDT 2007

I'm not 100% of your last statement, I finally made it to work with the following config (but i'm not satisfied with it, mostly because of the "parent_last" classloader on the war and the need to use myfaces...):
- have jboss-seam-ui.jar, jboss-seam.jar,myfaces-api-1.1.5.jar,myfaces-impl-1.1.5.jar under web-inf/lib
- all other dependent libs (commons*, hibernate*, etc..) in ear with ref in the meta-inf/manifest.mf file of the warmodule
- ear and war classloader set to PARENT_LAST

If i remove the myfaces* libs (and so use the jsf was jsf implementation) or push down the myfaces* libs to the ear level, I have the ClassCast..classes imcompatibe...exception)

It seems that it works *only* if the myfaces libs are at the "same level" as the jsf implementation libs (dont know how to express this..) and that the way seam initialises itself requires this. Maybe it's due to the way seam scans the classpath to find its resources (?) ...
Any thoughts on this?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4043677#4043677

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4043677