[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Outjection and component instantiation question

zzzz8 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon May 7 14:02:14 EDT 2007

I think I may have a misconception of some of the intricacies of outjection and Seam component instantiation.  I have a Seam component that is created by Seam via the @In(create=true) annotation.  Unfortunately, I cannot seem to inject another Seam component into this component.  Here's what I'm doing:

Seam component 1

  | @Name("comp1")
  | @Stateful
  | public class MySample1Bean implements MySample1 {
  |
  | @Out
  | Connection connection = null;
  | public void myMethod() {
  | connection = ...;
  | }
  | }

Seam component 2

  | @Name("comp2")
  | @Stateful
  | public class MySample2Bean implements MySample2 {
  |
  | @In(create=true) // I've also tried @In(create=true, required=false)
  | MySample3 comp3 = null;
  |
  | @In
  | Connection connection = null;
  |
  | }

Seam component 3

  | @Name("comp3")
  | @Stateful
  | public class MySample3Bean implements MySample3 {
  |
  | @In // I've put @In(required=false) here, too just so component gets created
  | Connection connection = null;

  | }

I have a page where comp1 is called.  The user then invokes an action method which then navigates the user to another page, where comp2 is accessed.  BTW, I have it on my pages.xml file that a long running conversation gets started (i.e. using <begin-conversation> when the page is invoked) for the page that calls comp2.  The Seam component comp3 gets created in comp2 because of the @In(create=true) annotation.  However, when comp3 is created, I'm expecting the connection context variable to be outjected to comp3.  Unfortunately, connection is always null in comp3.  Interestingly, connection is non-null in comp2.  What's going on here and what am I doing wrong?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4043731#4043731

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4043731