[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Scoping using Seam App Framework

pdhaigh do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 9 04:51:20 EDT 2007

If I use default scoped components then when I submit the form and validation fails, it loses all values on the object (presumably because the object itself falls out of scope)

If I use page scoped components then the above is solved (since validation occurs on the same page), and I can add an object. However, I then find that going to my edit page, and calling .update on the object returns the "updated" string, but does not update the DB

If I use session scoped components, it all works, except that the object doesn't go away, so I can add an object, edit it, but then when I go to add another one, I've still got the previous objects values on the form.

Does that make sense?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4044189#4044189

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4044189