[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Problem in adding Action class

naseem.k do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 9 06:02:30 EDT 2007

Hi,

I am facing problem in executing a custom action class in jbpm 3.1

Process is something like this...
start--->state1-->end1

Now at state1, I have a action class at the time of node-enter.

<state name="state1">
  |       <event type="node-enter">
  |          <action name="action1" class="com.sample.action.MessageActionHandler">
  |             <message>NASEEM</message>
  |          </action>
  |       </event>
  |       <transition name="action is executed" to="end1">
  |       </transition>
  |    </state>

My MessageActionHandler class...

package com.sample.action;

  | import org.jbpm.graph.def.ActionHandler;
  | import org.jbpm.graph.exe.ExecutionContext;
  |
  | public class MessageActionHandler implements ActionHandler {
  |
  | 	private static final long serialVersionUID = 1L;
  |
  | 	/**
  | 	 * The message member gets its value from the configuration in the
  | 	 * processdefinition. The value is injected directly by the engine.
  | 	 */
  | 	String message;
  |
  | 	/**
  | 	 * A message process variable is assigned the value of the message
  | 	 * member. The process variable is created if it doesn't exist yet.
  | 	 */
  | 	public void execute(ExecutionContext context) throws Exception {
  |
  | 		System.out.println("*************************************************************************");
  | 		//context.getContextInstance().setVariable("message", message);
  | 		//System.out.println("Message is>>>>>>>>>>>>> " + message);
  |
  | 	}
  | }

On the server console... I get this message...

anonymous wrote : .......
  | DEBUG [GraphElement] event 'node-enter' on 'State(state1)' for 'Token(/)'
  | DEBUG [GraphElement] executing action 'action[action1]'

But my action class execute method is not executed?

My Action class is in the process project and I have selected java classes and resources. I deployed process definition on server-deployer /jbpm/upload

My Action class is not in the jbpm.war. I am not sure where I should put my Action class.

Please help me in this regard

Thanks in advance

Naseem

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4044215#4044215