[jboss-user] [Management, JMX/JBoss] - Limit e-mail alerts

hoffmanjon do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 9 12:04:37 EDT 2007

Hi,
I am not sure if this has been answered before, if it has I can not find it (been searching for awhile).
I wrote my first custom mbean and set up a monitor to monitor one of the attributes that sends out an e-mail alert when the threshold is exceeded.  Everything seems to work great except I get flooded with e-mails when the alert happens.
I would like to be able to set the alert/monitor to send out one e-mail and then wait for the alert to be reset before sending out any more.  I see under the operations section of the monitor there is an alerted() and clearAlert() methods, is there a way to access these so the alert will only send out one e-mail notification rather then one each time it checks the attribute?
Thanks you in advance for any help you can provide.

Jon

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4044382#4044382

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4044382