[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Seam Mail on port other than 25

damianharvey do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 9 13:25:02 EDT 2007

Is Seam Mail working for anyone on a port other than port 25?

I've got it setup in my components.xml as such:
<mail:mail-session host="smtpserver" port="587" username="myusername" password="mypassword" debug="true"/>

however it seems to choke and the debug produces "Can't send command to SMTP host".

I've got exactly the same config setup for a stand-alone JavaMail J2SE test harness and it works fine. When I change components.xml to use an SMTP server working on port 25 (my ISP as opposed to my webhost) it then works.

It's not a relaying issue as it works from the test harness. I'm scratching my head a bit. In the debug log for the Seam app it does say that it is connected to the smtpserver on port 587.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Damian.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4044422#4044422