[jboss-user] [Management, JMX/JBoss] - Re: Managing JBoss programmatically?

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 9 14:06:05 EDT 2007

1) You should not modify the configuration files in place while the application server is running. Instead, copy the one you want to modify to a temporary location, edit it there, and then copy back to deploy. Note that the filesin server/xxx/conf are read only on startup. Not sure that you mean by "file system access", the app server needs access rights to all the configuration files.

2) To deploy your own destinations, create a *-service.xml file, such as mydests-service.xml, and place the queue and topic descriptions in there. Copy the file to the deploy directory to deploy them, and delete it from there to undeploy them.

3) I am not sure I understand what you are asking, but I think you want to deploy an exploded directory. You can then easily add/update/remove filesi n your application. See http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=ExplodedDeployment.

4) You can creat a JAR and deploy it programmatically, but I do not have an example.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4044433#4044433

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4044433