[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - A4J - Can I refresh a components value without applying the

loopingrage do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 9 15:16:56 EDT 2007

I'm knee deep in some Seam/A4J fun and have hit a road block. Is it possible to have A4J refresh the value of a component without going through Apply Request Values?

The attached code demonstrates what I'm trying to accomplish. I'd like to see changes (made outside this form in a different browser) to a person's Manager ID by clicking the the refresh button (cmdRefresh). In a typical web application, I would just have my users refresh the page to view changes but since it's AJAX, I'm essentially looking for is a way to mark a component as read-only for a given AJAX request.

Does this even make sense?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4044456#4044456

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4044456