[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - Re: JBOSS shuts down Log4J when I redeploy web applications

sschaub do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 9 17:18:48 EDT 2007

"PeterJ" wrote :  Or it could be some configuration in the Spring Framework, but I have used Spring and have not experienced this happening.

Ahh -- thanks for putting me onto Spring. We had the following entry in our web.xml file:

  |   <listener>
  |     <listener-class>
  |       org.springframework.web.util.Log4jConfigListener
  |     </listener-class>
  |   </listener>

I removed that entry, and now Log4J doesn't get shut down when I redeploy the app.

So, we now have a workaround. Great!

Stephen

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4044493#4044493

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4044493