[jboss-user] [JBoss/Spring Integration] - EJB Injection.

gumnaam do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 9 18:46:28 EDT 2007

I want to use the Spring Deployer to inject EJBs in POJOs.

I wrote a BeanPostProcessor that will inject EJBs into any POJO having a javax.ejb.EJB annotation.

But the problem is , the EJBs are not started untill the ear deployes, and the ear is not deployed untill all its components including the -spring.xml file is deployed.
e.g.

app.ear
 appcontext-spring.xml
 some-ejbs.jar

Although the EJBs are deployed before the -spring.xml file is loaded, they are not bound to the JNDI tree, until after the ear has finished deploying. But the ear won't finish deploying untill appcontext-spring.xml is also processed.

Now if I have a bean post processor that does a JNDI lookup on a perticular EJB, it doesn't find it, as the ejbs are not yet bound.

Any work around this circular dependency ?
btw, I am using EJB3 and the JNDI string is ear-filename/EJB3-bean-name/local
e.g. app/SomeEJBService/local .

thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4044529#4044529

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4044529