[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Seam's Events model

tonylmai do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 10 12:31:55 EDT 2007

Hello,

I am trying to understand if I could use Seam's Events model to force reload a page a user is viewing. In the manual, the code was written as:

@Name("helloListener")
  | public class HelloListener {
  | 	@Observer("hello")
  | 	public void sayHelloBack() {
  | 	    FacesMessages.instance().add("Hello to you too!");
  | 	}
  | }

I am curious about the line "FacesMessages.instance().add("Hello to you too!");". Does it mean Seam has a way to change a page's contents when an event is raised?

I.e. update an user's homepage when a new email has arrived. Is it possible to implement such thing with or without Seam's Events model?

Thanks
-tony

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4044741#4044741

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4044741