[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam 1.2.1.GA Integration Testing (identity.login)

mhaubrich do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 10 12:52:58 EDT 2007

Shane perhaps you can help me with another issue I am having.

When performing integration tests I would like to assert that after invoking a certain method the correct JSF view is rendered.

But FacesRequest.getViewId() keeps returning null no matter where I redirect from my actions.

Also I have tried FacesRequest.getRenderedViewId() to no effect.
(I looked into the source and found:

  | /**
  |  * Get the view id to be rendered
  |  *
  |  * @return the JSF view id
  |  */
  | protected String getRenderedViewId()
  | {
  |          if ( Init.instance().isJbpmInstalled() && Pageflow.instance().isInProcess() )
  |          {
  |             return Pageflow.instance().getPageViewId();
  |          }
  |          else
  |          {
  |             //TODO: not working right now, 'cos no mock navigation handler!
  |             return getFacesContext().getViewRoot().getViewId();
  |          }
  |       }

so that could be the reason...

Any thoughts on this ?