[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - No phase id bound to current thread (make sure you ...

jgreene do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 10 22:06:57 EDT 2007

Hello -
Is anyone aware if there is a well-defined solution to this problem yet?  There are a few threads on this forum, but it seems like no one knows for sure why this happens.  I've got a sample app that was working at work.  I brought it home, added a few database tables and a couple of beans.  I did not touch the xml config files significantly, except where I had to because of a package name change.  Now I'm getting this problem when I try to load the main page.  The now famous error reads:

java.lang.IllegalStateException:  No phase id bound to current thread (make sure you do not have two SeamPhaseListener instances installed)

The error occurs right after:
[Lifecycle] starting up: org.jboss.seam.security.identity

Most complaints seem to be from people like me who do not have more than one SeamPhaseListener installed.  And I've seen this referred to as a probable Seam bug.  This problem is particularly confusing to me because I started with basically the same app that was running, and now, after adding a couple db tables and beans, this error occurs.

BTW, I'm running in Tomcat.

Anyone have any ideas?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4044865#4044865

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4044865