[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: javax.ejb.EJBNoSuchObjectException

stu2 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 11 11:41:48 EDT 2007

"sradford" wrote : True, but...

  | However, they [POJOs] do not provide the functionality of a session bean (declarative transaction demarcation, declarative security, efficient clustered state replication, EJB 3.0 persistence, timeout methods, etc).
  |
  | (taken from 3.2.4 of the Seam doc)

Sorry to hijack your thread btw.  I've seen the error you're asking about before, and am curious about it myself.  Hopefully this topic shift will keep the post at the top of the list and get attention of one of the Seam guys.

Back to pojos vs SFSB scoped to events though.  In event scope, several of the features you identified don't apply to event scope (replication, timeouts).  In Seam the rest of the items in that list are handled by seam as an abstraction of the container.  For instance the recommended useage pattern for seam is to use Seam Managed Persistence Contexts (section 8.3 in the docs) which work equally well with pojos, and there are lots of examples in the seam source.  Security is interceptor based as well, and SFSB offer no advantages I'm aware of.  I believe you have to call em.joinTransaction() from a pojo (automatic from a SFSB).

Anyway, no biggie, but an interesting question.  If anyone has anything to add regarding pros and cons of pojos/SFSB in this scenario I'd be interested to hear.  I've been using SFSB only when there is multi-request conversational state.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4045047#4045047

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4045047