[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - jboss-beans.xml vs *-ds.xml

dan.j.allen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat May 12 01:42:07 EDT 2007

I am trying to understand the difference between jboss-beans.xml and the JCA datasources configured in the *-ds.xml file (where * can be anything) when used with the microcontainer.  (In this case, jboss-beans.xml is defining a datasource.)  If I take out jboss-beans.xml it appears that Seam cannot locate the datasource.  If I put them both in, I am not convinced that the *-ds.xml is serving any purpose.

My question, so that the you good readers have something to answer, is:

How do I use *-ds.xml with the microcontainer and avoid using the jboss-beans.xml file?

Or, perhaps a better question is:

Why is are the *-ds.xml files included in the examples at all?  (They do not appear to be serving any purpose.)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4045176#4045176

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4045176