[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - JBoss 4.2 Context.xml docBase ignored?

xnuandax do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun May 13 02:15:56 EDT 2007

Hi all,

We would like to deploy a web context with path "/adad".  To do this we placed a directory adad.war/ in jboss/server/default/deploy/, which deployed fine.  However we want this web context to serve actual files from elsewhere, as can be done in Tomcat using docBase.  To do this we created a "context.xml" file in the WEB-INF directory of "adad.war", as follows:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
  | <Context docBase="/srv/images" debug="99" reloadable="true" override="true">
  | </Context>

We know JBoss is parsing this context.xml file, as it honours certain attributes.  However it never honours the "docBase" instruction, preferring instead to map "localhost:8080/adad/" to the directory inside "adad.war/", instead of the directory "/srv/images" that it is being instructed to serve from...

Any ideas on how to make JBoss-web serve static content files from a docBase elsewhere on the filesystem would be much appreciated!

Many Thanks,

Dave

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4045261#4045261

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4045261