[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Blocked signal call

avivstav do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon May 14 09:45:35 EDT 2007

Hi
I wrote a simple flow that use web events as trigger to continue the flow.

I use the following code to start the flow:

  | public Long startFlow(long id,String problem, long sid) {
  |
  |             Long processDefId = null;
  |             JbpmContext jbpmContext = jbpmConfiguration.createJbpmContext();
  |             try {
  |
  |               GraphSession graphSession = jbpmContext.getGraphSession();
  |
  |               ProcessDefinition processDefinition =
  |                   graphSession.findLatestProcessDefinition("start");
  |
  |                   ProcessInstance processInstance =
  |                   new ProcessInstance(processDefinition);
  |
  |               ContextInstance contextInstance = processInstance.getContextInstance();
  |               contextInstance.setVariable("id", id);
  |               contextInstance.setVariable("problem", problem);
  |               contextInstance.setVariable("sid" , sid);
  |               contextInstance.setVariable("processDefId" , processDefinition.getId());
  |
  |               Token token = processInstance.getRootToken();
  |
  |               token.signal();
  |               jbpmContext.save(processInstance);
  |
  |             } finally {
  |                  return processDefId;
  |             }
  |         }

And I also wrote second method which continue to other states in the flow.
As I understand each call to signal() moves one step in the flow in non-blocking mode,
Is it possible that the token.signal() will be blocked until the ActionHandler defined for that state ended?
I want to response the caller of that method (startFlow) with variable returned in the ContextVariable of the ActionHandler, is it possible?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4045460#4045460

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4045460