[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - If I deploy more than one webservice I get "Multiple context

rickcr do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon May 14 16:43:26 EDT 2007

I can deploy a simple webservice and everything works fine. If II create another webservice in a similar manner and deploy it, I end up with a "Multiple context root not supported" error.

This is very frustrating since I see nothing about this issue in the users guide.

Here was an example of an initial web service I was trying to deploy (which works fine, until I try to deploy another webservice using the same approach):

@Local
@WebService
@SOAPBinding(parameterStyle = SOAPBinding.ParameterStyle.WRAPPED)
public interface Echo {
	@WebMethod String testEcho(String s);
}

@Stateless
@WebService(endpointInterface="com.foobar.edsf.example.ejb.webservices.Echo")
public class EchoBean {
	 public String testEcho(String s) {
		 return s;
	}
}

If I deploy a similar webservice like the above, I'll get the Multiple context root not supported error. Am I doing something unorthodox or is this a bug? My EJB3 book and the examples that come with the jboss patch here: http://docs.jboss.org/ejb3/app-server/tutorial/installing.html  show examples like I'm doing above.

There is something related to this in jira http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBWS-1622 but I can't seem to get the concept of @WebContext working correctly (I also don't see why I should even need to use a non-standard JBoss annotation to do something that should be standard.)

WITHOUT adding a @WebContext I'll end up with a wsdl location like:

http://machine-name:8080/EchoBeanService/EchoBean?wsdl

If I try to declare a @WebContext  I won't get the multiple context root error, but it changes the wsdl path to a path that it can't find. For example if I give it a path:

@WebContext(contextRoot="/EDSF-tests", secureWSDLAccess=false)

I end up with a wsdl URL:

http://machine-name:8080/EDSF-tests/EchoBean?wsdl

Which doesn't point to the wsdl anymore.

Can someone give me some pointers about what I'm doing wrong? There must be  a reason others have not run into this as well since I don't think I'm creating my webservices in a unique way.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4045595#4045595

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4045595