[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: seam cannot reference EJB, why?

titou09 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon May 14 22:21:37 EDT 2007

Alain, we reached the same point and this is a major point for us to NOT use seam all the way (This is the only problem with seam we see in fact...)

The problem is the same if you use POJOs instead of EJB3 and try to isolate those POJOs in an utiliy jar deployed in your ear, and keep only the "seam backing beans and view controllers" in the web module (Within its own war classloader..)...
Also the fact that everything must use the same classloader is really a show stopper, going against the J2EE modules architecture

If someone knows how to make it working, with only jsf+seam+non-EJB3 POJO+hibernate with all our services/managers/persistent classes in a utility jar, and our view controllers (backing beans) in a war referencing the utility jar (Injecting our services and class model in the view controllers) , just tell us how todo it, i.e. where to put each jar and each config file (seam.properties, components.xml...) and how to configure the classloaders...

In the meantime, we'll keep using spring+hibernate for our services/managers/persistent classes classes in a utility jar, and jsf+seam on the presentation side in a war, with seam injecting our spring-managed  services/managers/persistent classes into seam components. Hibernate being only used in the utility jar and the Hibernate session being injected by spring

Thx in advance.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4045643#4045643

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4045643