[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: problem with 1.2.1 / tomcat upgrade

jcruise do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 16 06:57:23 EDT 2007

Talking to myself in public is such fun.

On reflection (and by that I mean the human rather than the virtual form of introspection) I can now see that directly assigning the seam component would be problematic as the component value must be set in a seam context, and the EL RI isn't seam aware.

To workaround this I simply added a zone property to another component and had that component outject the new zone value.

so, for all you seamasochists (or is that seamonistas?) who have followed me this far and are still awake, my xhtml now looks like :

  | 			<h:selectOneMenu id="zone" value="#{_site.zone}" converter="Zone">
  | 				<f:selectItems value="#{_zones}" />
  | 			</h:selectOneMenu>

Cheers

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4046085#4046085