[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - A performance problem with Seam

moises_paula do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 16 15:45:45 EDT 2007

There are a performance problem with Seam, after migration from 1.1.x to 1.2. One of interceptors, ManagedEntityIdentityInterceptor, for each method call in

my backing bean, was calling Transactions.isTransactionMarkedRollback(...), that was trying to lookup for a name (userTransactionName). On tomcat, where

there are no JNDI server started, I see a lot of javax.naming.CommunicationException in my logs. It's not a funtional problem, but it's degrading my

performance for nothing. There are any option to disable that feature, removing the interceptor or caching an information that the lookup is not working?

javax.naming.CommunicationException: Failed to connect to server localhost:1099 [Root exception is javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to

connect to server localhost:1099 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]]
	at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer(NamingContext.java:208)
	at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.checkRef(NamingContext.java:1092)
	at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:470)
	at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:463)
	at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:351)
	at org.jboss.seam.util.Transactions.getUserTransaction(Transactions.java:149)
	at org.jboss.seam.util.Transactions.isUTTransactionMarkedRollback(Transactions.java:140)
	at org.jboss.seam.util.Transactions.isTransactionMarkedRollback(Transactions.java:67)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4046284#4046284

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4046284