[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Strange column wrong type

cchee do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 16 16:05:51 EDT 2007

Hi,

One of the field in my original table schema is type BLOB on my database (MySQL 5.0.x) and I have changed it to MEDIUMBLOB so the fields can hold better binary attachment to it. After I update the schema and reload the database, and run my Seam application, I got the following errors:

15:49:17,866 INFO  [TableMetadata] columns: [created_at, asset_request, institution_id, asset_report, id]
  | 15:49:17,870 WARN  [ServiceController] Problem starting service persistence.units:ear=FBIS.ear,jar=FBIS.jar,unitName=FBIS
  | javax.persistence.PersistenceException: org.hibernate.HibernateException: Wrong column type: asset_request, expected: blob
  |         at org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration.buildEntityManagerFactory(Ejb3Configuration.java:698)
  |         at org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence.createContainerEntityManagerFactory(HibernatePersistence.java:127)

I checked my persistent class which has proper annotation already:-

	@Lob
  | 	@Basic(fetch = FetchType.LAZY)
  | 	@Column(name = "asset_request", nullable = false)
  | 	@NotNull
  | 	public byte[] getAssetRequest() {
  | 		return this.assetRequest;
  | 	}
  |
  | 	public void setAssetRequest(byte[] assetRequest) {
  | 		this.assetRequest = assetRequest;
  | 	}

What else did I miss? Any enlightenment is greatly appreciated.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4046291#4046291

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4046291