[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Bind Map to h:inputText value

umk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 16 23:16:54 EDT 2007

Hello,

I'm trying to bind a map entry to h:inputText. The code below successfully extracts the value for the key when the page is loaded, but when I submit it, the page reloads with an error alongside the field: model validation failed:String index out of range: -1

>From the .xhtml

  | <h:form id="dataEntryForm">
  | <h:inputText id="asdf" required="true" value="#{biomarkers['waist']}" />
  | </h:form>
  |

>From the session bean:

  | @Out
  | Map<String, String> biomarkers = new HashMap<String, String>();
  | // method code that preps the Map prior to being used
  | biomarkers.put("waist", "33.3");

What have I missed? Any help appreciated. Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4046358#4046358

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4046358