[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: ELSupport exception on javasisst-proxies (coerceToType)

jcruise do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 17 07:13:13 EDT 2007

Is this similar to the problem to that I posted yesterday?

http://jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=108741

(the last post being the relevant one) I think this is the situation when you have a select list of POJO objects that you want to assign to a target seam component. If this isn't the same case, feel free to ignore the rest of this message!

Should you be able to assign a POJO directly to a seam component ? It seems like it could be done with the cglib proxy implementation but not the javassist version (Seam 1.2.1 onwards). I concluded that we would need to update the el assignment to use Context.set(string,object) to perform the assignment safely.

I found a workaround but it makes my code a bit less elegant. I'd appreciate advice on the correct strategy.

Cheers

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4046448#4046448

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4046448