[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Seam EL: How to get msg from resource file?

tonylmai do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 17 13:56:01 EDT 2007

Hello,

I am building a h:selectOneMenu and I had a need to localize the text in the select menu. My problem is I don't know how to get the text from a resource file using EL?

For example, say 'res' is my resource-bundle mapped in faces-config.xml, I know we can do this:

facesMessages.add("#{res['enum.typeA.label']}");

but I can't do this:

String label = "#{res['enum.typeA.label']}";

How do I extract a text out of a resource bundle and have it mapped to a variable?

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4046579#4046579

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4046579