[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - basic 4.2 deploy and missing javax.servlet files

wiggy do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 17 17:54:38 EDT 2007

folks not sure whats going on .

downloaded the new 4.2 GA app server and unziped on my drive.

I run eclipse 3.2.2 with jboss ide (beta)

created a new server and pointed it at the new home directory for 4.2.

when i created a default dynamic web project within my eclipse and link to the new server - it doesnt compile.

it was missing several files in several directories in the install

first my /client directory didnt contain the javax.servlet.jar file.

second my /server/default/lib dir didnt contain either the javax.servlet.jsp.jar or the javax.servlet.jar  files

third the directory didnt contain an jboss-ejb3x.jar (but did have the jboss-ejb3.jar - without the x).

all of which i meant i had to copy these files from 4.0.5 build dir equivs.

when i do this i seem i can get a basic dynamic web project to run under the new server.

Am i doing something wrong ?  or is it my eclipse config thats not right?  I run regular refreshes on the jboss ide dev site for refreshes.

either jboss tools is not upto date for the 4.2 build - or 4.2 is missing files that should be there

Any one else had difficulties - can advise. Somewhat concerned as i was going to try and use the ejb3 test deploy on 4.2 and wonder what else may be missing

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4046657#4046657

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4046657