[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Re: Unable to access JBoss 4.20.GA from Browser

tsar_bomba do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 18 13:46:15 EDT 2007

I'm trying to figure this issue out myself, hopefully someone here can help.

I've got 4.2.0 working on a test machine but I can only access it from that machine using "localhost".

Now, I'd like to push 4.2.0 to production but it uses a fully qualified domain name which is public-facing.  I'm using JavaService on Win 2003 server to control JBoss as a windows service - so I'm not using the "run" files, per se.

Is there a configuration setting I'm missing to set JBoss 4.2.0 to resolve to a real domain name?  I'd like to call it up in a browser as both the machine name (e.g. http://servername:8080/appname) and as the domain name (e.g. http://www.mysite.com/appname).

I have this setup perfectly in JBoss 4.0.5 in production, currently...but obviously there have been changes.

Can someone at least point me to the docs?  I tried changing the host name(s) in server.xml but it didn't have any effect after restarting JBoss.

Thanks!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4046896#4046896

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4046896