[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Problem With Embedded EJB Server and XML

jfrosch do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 18 22:05:18 EDT 2007

I'm trying to get started with a JUnit4 test of a simple Entity bean and SLSB. I'm using JARs from the JBoss AS 4.20, Seam 1.2.1, Hibernate 3.2, Hibernate Annotations 3.3.0, and the Microcontainer 1.02.

Everything works okay when I use the class level sequence generator annotation on the EB.  However, I then tried making an orm.xml file to declare the sequence generator as an application level sequence.  I've had nothing but trouble with the XML parsing being done when EJB3StandaloneBootstrap.deployXmlResource() is invoked, like this:

  | EJB3StandaloneBootstrap.boot(null);
  | EJB3StandaloneBootstrap.deployXmlResource("META-INF/orm.xml");
  | EJB3StandaloneBootstrap.scanClasspath("production/EJB");

If the XML file looks like this:

  | <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  | <entity-mappings xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/orm"
  |                  xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
  |                  version="1.0">
  |   <sequence-generator name="app_sequence" sequence-name="APP_SEQ"/>
  | </entity-mappings>

I get the following RuntimeException when deployXmlResource is called:

  | java.lang.RuntimeException: org.jboss.xb.binding.JBossXBException: Failed to parse source: file:/E:/data/.../classes/production/EJB/META-INF/orm.xml at 6,68

I tried using a non-XSD form of the XML like I've seen in many examples:

  | <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  | <entity-mappings>
  |   <sequence-generator name="app_sequence" sequence-name="APP_SEQ"/>
  | </entity-mappings>

But I get the same RuntimeException when deployXmlResource is called.

The XML is just so simple, I'm amazed there's a problem with it.  I'm hoping someone can point me to the right path to look for the cause of the problem and possible workarounds.

TIA

--
jack

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4046970#4046970