[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBPORTAL-459 You shoul

thomas.heute@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon May 21 01:10:32 EDT 2007

"bsmithjj" wrote : One comment on the google gadget thingy - I have nothing against a google-gadget portlet or add-on module, but I really think that JBoss Portal would do better if it was a delivered as a basic Portal 'engine' with a lot of the bells and whistles available as easy-drop-in add ons.  Unfortunately, a lot of the bells and whistles (such as a google-gadget portlet) are simply lumped into the basic portal - making the whole product complex, hard to document, and fragile at times.
  | Splitting the Portal into logical pieces allows each piece to evolve independently - most likely the core engine won't change too much because the fundamental building blocks are a JSR168 portlet container plus the paging and customization system.

Again all the bells and whistles are totally pluggable.
Look into jboss-portal.sar ou have several packages, remove what you don't want.
You don't want the google widgets ? Delete widget.war, everything related to it will be removed. You don't like the CMS ? remove portal-cms.war. You don't want the test pages and news portlets ? Remove portal-samples.war...
If we don't put it as default noone see that we have it.

What is interesting about Google widget is to show you that you can integrate other kind of stuff (Content-types). Out of the box we show you that you can put in a window: A JSR-168 portlet, a CMS resource, a Google widget, the content of a file, *Your content type*...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4047099#4047099

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4047099