[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - How to get a facelets parameter into a seam component

quilian do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon May 21 07:17:58 EDT 2007

Hi Folks!

I have the following scenario:
I want to create a component that manages relationship between entities. To make it reusable, i have two general managers, which are templated EJB3 session beans and manage some buisness objects.
These entities are derived from two interfaces AssociationMaster and AssociationSlave respectively. Their methods can tell which fields of the two entitys map the relationship betweeen them. So the only thing my component should be depend on is that the two managers given to it manage entities which are derived from the two interfaces and behave accordingly. The component itself consists of a Listbox to select the master and a MultipleSelectCheckbox on the right side to select the Associated Slaves. A Common scenario in our application would be to map users to groups and groups to tasks etc.
I used the facelet-taglib with the source tag to define my component:

  | myTaglib.xml:
  |
  | <facelet-taglib>
  |     <namespace>http://www.mobilanten.de/tags</namespace>
  |     <tag>
  |         <tag-name>associationTableInclude</tag-name>
  |         <source>tags/associationTable.xhtml</source>
  |     </tag>
  |
  | </facelet-taglib>
  |

  | testPage.xml:
  | <ui:composition xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
  | 	xmlns:mb="http://www.mobilanten.de/tags">
  |
  | <ui:define name="body">
  |    		<mb:associationTableInclude
  | 	   		masterManager="#{gruppenManager}"
  | 	   		slaveManager="#{benutzerManager}"/>
  | </ui:define>
  | </ui:composition>

inside the associationTable.xhtml (not posted here) i can use #{masterManager} and get the concretized #{gruppenManager}.

when submitting the form, the called action method should call .save in the end.

 So the question his how to get the facelet template parameter #{masterManager} into my code by whatever means?

I have tried many things like giving the masterManager as Parameter to the action method(always null) now but am stuck, so i wonder if theres any way at all to do this..

Many thanks for your suggestions!
Tobias Kilian

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4047188#4047188

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4047188