[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: How to get a facelets parameter into a seam component

quilian do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon May 21 08:16:18 EDT 2007

Hi Arthur!

Thanks for you reply, however according to

http://www.jsfcentral.com/articles/facelets_3.html

the ui:param and the custom tag approches are equivalent.

The question how to get that given parameter into my backing bean remains:

e.g., i have:

where associationTable is a conversation scoped POJO living in .war-file/WEB-INF/classes. It must get the SelectManyCheckbox injected in order to preselect Slaves after the user has selected a Master. So associationTable is the listener for the valueChangeEvents and also keeps state of which Salves the user has selected. It must however inform the Managers that one of their entities has changed to get the database updated.

If anything on this approach is not "standard like" or how you would do it, please dont hesitate to correct me. However i thought keeping the UI-component "associationTable" seperated from my Buisness logic and therefor outside the .jar would be a good idea :-)

Greetings,
Tobias Kilian

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4047211#4047211

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4047211