[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - TaskInstance Hibernate Exception

jstuck do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon May 21 10:43:56 EDT 2007

Hi:

I am working on a UI for JBPM.  When starting a ProcessInstance, I inspect the startTaskInstance for any variables that need to be supplied.  However, when saving the process instance, I receive the following hibernate exception:

instance not of expected entity type: org.jbpm.context.exe.VariableInstance

Here is the code I am using to get the startTaskInstance:

TaskInstance taskInstance = processInstance.getTaskMgmtInstance().createStartTaskInstance();

I then use the taskController to gain access to the variables if they exist.  This is used to construct the UI.

TaskController taskController = taskInstance.getTask().getTaskController();

        if (taskController != null) {
            List variableAccesses = taskController.getVariableAccesses();
            Iterator iterator = variableAccesses.iterator();

            while (iterator.hasNext()) {
                VariableAccess variableAccess = (VariableAccess) iterator.next();
                String mappedName = variableAccess.getMappedName();
                String value = (String) taskInstance.getVariable(mappedName);
                ?
            }
        }

Does anyone know why I am seeing this exception and can you recommend a solution?

Thanks,

Jeff

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4047264#4047264

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4047264