[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: problem with encoding

jazir1979 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 22 01:46:23 EDT 2007

There's a few layers this can fail at.  You are right that you need the character encoding filter.

Do you know if the data is being stored/inserted correctly at the DB level?  (ie- connect to MySQL using some other tool to see).  MySQL allows you to specify the character encoding at a DB-wide level or on a per-table level.

When I create tables manually I always specify "DEFAULT CHARACTER SET UTF8;" explicitly, in the name of paranoia, but you can also use "default-character-set=utf8" in the my.ini config file.  This is handy if seam-gen is generating your schema for you, which I guess is probably the case.

If everything is OK at the DB level, then I'm not sure..

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4047430#4047430

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4047430