[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Cache Lock TimeoutException

karnivas do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 22 09:21:02 EDT 2007

I'm using JBoss Cache 1.4.1 SP2 without CacheLoader. I dont want cacheloader to be used.

In my application there are multiple instances which are writing a particular node acquiring a WRITE lock. While this process is performed by a thread, another thread wakes up periodically and tries to read the value in that node, trying to acquire a READ lock. Since there are multiple instances writing on that node this READ lock is prioritized as low which waits for 15000milliseconds(as configured) and TIME-OUT occurs failing to read.

Use Case is Thread A and Thread B writes on Node N continously and Thread C starts to read the value in Node N which fails after waiting leading to a Cache Lock Timeout Exception.

Please advice on preventing this scenario or an alternate approach to read the value in Node N

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4047574#4047574

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4047574