[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Re: @Resource injection from HA-JNDI

bstansberry@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 22 15:10:57 EDT 2007

I've been following the code to see how this is meant to work, and here's what I see:

1) @Resource injections are resolved relative to the component ENC.
2) Component ENC is created relative to a default InitialContext (i.e. non-HA JNDI) unless a set of JNDI properties are provided via the deployment.  If they are provided, the InitialContext uses those properties.
3) Those properties come via a call to interface org.jboss.ejb3.DeploymentUnit.getJndiProperties().

and now the sad part...

4) The JBoss 4.x impl of DeploymentUnit just returns null from getJndiProperties(), as do 2 out of the 3 impls in the AS 5 codebase. :(

Suggest you search the EJB3 JIRA to see if there is any existing issue related to getting this implemented.  If not, open a forum thread on the EJB3 forum to help drive getting a JIRA opened for it.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4047687#4047687

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4047687