[jboss-user] jboss-4.2.0 Trace level logging doesn't work

Arjen Smedes d.a.smedes at doubleforge.com
Wed May 23 03:53:00 EDT 2007

Hi All,

Although the release notes for jboss-4.2.0 are promising in that Trace level
logging is supported, I can't get it to work. My webapp doesn't show anything
in trace level nor does jboss itself (when I change a level to TRACE). All of
these messages are shown in DEBUG level.

I have even tried overwriting all log4j.jars and commons-logging.jars with
1.2.14 and 1.1 versions, but even that doesn't work.

Am I missing something ?

Any help is appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Arjen Smedes