[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - pages.xml - just not working

dave.rogers do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 23 11:49:36 EDT 2007

I have the following pages.xml file in the WEB-INF directory of my .war

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
  | <!DOCTYPE pages PUBLIC
  |           "-//JBoss/Seam Pages Configuration DTD 1.2//EN"
  |           "http://jboss.com/products/seam/pages-1.2.dtd">
  |
  | <pages no-conversation-view-id="/secure/home.xhtml"
  | 	login-view-id="/secure/home.xhtml">
  |
  | 	<page view-id="/secure/variation.xhtml">
  | 		<navigation>
  | 			<redirect view-id="/secure/transition.xhtml" />
  | 		</navigation>
  | 	</page>
  |
  | 	<exception class="twp.exception.InvalidURLParameterException">
  | 		<redirect view-id="/error.xhtml">
  | 			<message severity="error">
  | 				An invalid parameter was specified in the requested URL.
  | 			</message>
  | 		</redirect>
  | 	</exception>
  |
  | </pages>

The navigation rule should redirect to transition.xhtml if variation.xhtml is called and the exception declaration should redirect to an error page if an exception is thrown.

I receive no errors in conjunction with this set up but neither seem to work. Do I need to do anything special to get seam to recognise pages.xml? Just as an example, it finds and uses faces-config.xml in the same directory, telling me on startup that it has been found, but pages.xml is never mentioned.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4047961#4047961

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4047961