[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - How to use Messaging from a remote client? (JBoss 4.2.0)

JasonHsu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 23 14:44:01 EDT 2007

I have thre questions.... the scenario for the quesiton, please see below..

Q1. Why do I have bind a IP other than 127.0.0.1 then I can get the response from "telnet <server name> 1099" ?  And if I use "run -b 192.168.x.x"
then "telnet localhost 1099" doesn't work at all.

Q2. How to make a console applicaiton (I think UI application has the same issue)  communicate with Messaging from remote?

Q3. How to make a web application on remote Tomcat to communicate with Messaging?

Please let me know what code or file I should write and what kind of modification should be made on JBoss.  I've searched dozens of articles.  They just
focused on explaining individual parameter or config sections or discrete codes. They help very limited.

Please help. Thank you.

Jason

I'll try to describe what I did step by step here.

I'm using JBoss 4.2.0 GA.  I want to create two programs to use its JMS remotely. One is a console application the other is web application on tomcat.

My console application works fine on the same machine with JBoss by setting the
java.naming.provider.url=jnp://localhost:1099

Then I change to use <server name> instead of 'localhost'.  It's dead.  I tried to add "-Djboss.bind.address=192.168.x.x" to the variable
%JAVA_OPTS% in run.bat of JBoss.  However, there was error still.(Q1)  Then I spent two days to figured it out.  Finally, I found there is
a parameter '-b' of run.bat.  So the "run -b 192.168.x.x" is working.

Now I use
java.naming.provider.url=jnp://<server name>:1099
in jndi.properities.  I got the error:

Exception in thread "main" java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (
  | java.util.PropertyPermission java.security.auth.login.config write)
  |         at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlConte
  | xt.java:264)
  |         at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:
  | 427)
  |         at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:532)
  |         at java.lang.System.setProperty(System.java:699)
  |         at TTestJBoss.<init>(TTestJBoss.java:29)
  |         at TTestJBoss.main(TTestJBoss.java:24)

I spent another two days then add
  | set POLICY_FILE=.\jboss_client.policy
  | set AUTH_FILE=.\auth.conf
  |
  | and "-Djava.security.policy="%POLICY_FILE%" -Djava.security.auth.login.config=%AUTH_FILE%"  in the execution line in
  | the run.bat created by myself to execute my console application.

The content of these two files are

  | in jboss_client.policy:
  |
  | grant {
  |   permission java.security.AllPermission;
  | };
  |
  | ============================================
  | in auth.conf (I copy it from %JBOSS_HOME%\client) :
  |
  | srp-client {
  |    // Example client auth.conf for using the SRPLoginModule
  |    org.jboss.security.srp.jaas.SRPLoginModule required
  |    password-stacking="useFirstPass"
  |    principalClassName="org.jboss.security.SimplePrincipal"
  |    srpServerJndiName="SRPServerInterface"
  |    debug=true
  | 	;
  |
  |    // jBoss LoginModule
  |    org.jboss.security.ClientLoginModule  required
  |    password-stacking="useFirstPass"
  |    ;
  |
  |    // Put your login modules that need jBoss here
  | };
  |
  | other {
  |    // jBoss LoginModule
  |    org.jboss.security.ClientLoginModule  required
  |    ;
  |
  |    // Put your login modules that need jBoss here
  | };

Actually, I have no idea of these two files.  Anyway, the error message changed which is better than no change at all.

Here is the best error I got now:  Line 1-6 are the information from my program. TopicListener is the class I created.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4048016#4048016

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4048016