[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC][SQLServer]String

kishornpatil do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 23 23:25:16 EDT 2007

Hi,

My J2EE application is deployed on Jboss 4.0.4 and interacting with MS SQL Server 2005. My JDBC stored procedure call  is failing with following error:

[Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC][SQLServer]String or binary data would be truncated.

I read in few forums that this is caused when you try to insert data larger than the size of the target column. In my case the stored procedure call (CallableStatement.execute()) is withnout any error but when I try to retrieve the out paramters I get this error.

I'm lost i'll appreciate if someone can throw some light on this.

- Kishor

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4048107#4048107

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4048107