[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] Seam calling from servlet filter..

rishi tripathirishi at gmail.com
Thu May 24 08:50:10 EDT 2007

I am very new to jboss Seam and hence a simple query.

I want to call up a seam component from inside a servlet filter as below:

AuthorizerActionLocal authLocal =
(AuthorizerActionLocal)Seam.componentForName("packageCreationAction")
.getInstance(
AuthorizerActionImpl.class);

UserVO userVO = authLocal.login(userName);

I get an error saying:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: No application context active at
org.jboss.seam.Component.forName(Component.java:1603)

What is going wrong? Is it possible to call a seam component from inside a
servlet filter as above? If not then is there any other way

Regards,

Rishi