[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Feature-Request: @CreateProcessAndStartTask

tnfink do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 24 10:00:13 EDT 2007

Hi,

I had now twice the need for a new feature, thus I would like to utter a feature request. I am not sure if this is the right place, but it is worth a try.

>From looking at the examples, the Seam-way to work with processes is to
1. Create a process (@CreateProcess)
2. Show a list with the tasks
3. Start working with a task by selecting one in the list (@StartTask)
This is really convenient.

But what I need is one step to
- create a process and
- start working an the first task in a long running conversation with associated business process context.

In short, something such as @CreateProcessAndStartTask.

What I did in the current project to achieve the same effect, is this:

  | @Begin
  | public String initialize() {
  |   businessProcess.createProcess(PROCESS_NAME);
  |   final Long processId = businessProcess.getProcessId();
  |   final ProcessInstance processInstance = jbpmContext.getProcessInstance(processId);
  |
  |   final Collection taskInstances = processInstance.getTaskMgmtInstance().getTaskInstances();
  |   final TaskInstance task = (TaskInstance) taskInstances.iterator().next();
  |
  |   businessProcess.setTaskId(task.getId());
  |   businessProcess.startTask();
  |
  |   return "createNewOffer";
  | }

The new annotation needs at least two properties:
- name of the process
- name of the task

Does this request makes sense?

-- Torsten