[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Re: NetBeans and JBoss 4.2.0 problem?

spirosmichalak do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 24 12:12:54 EDT 2007

Hello,

The proper way is click on 'Runtime' tab, expand 'Servers' and look at your JBoss server icon. It should have a little green arrow in the bottom right corner when it's running, an orangey type box/arrow when it's running in debug mode and nothing when it's not running.

If it's running and you right click on it you should be able to select 'Stop' from the drop down list.

But, there are two problems. Sometimes the green arrow doesn't appear, i.e. NetBeans doesn't know JBoss is running, and other times it does appear, but when you select 'Stop', it keeps trying, but never succeeds in stopping it!

So, what I do is go into the Task Manager and select the appropriate java.exe process that's running and 'End Process'! How do you know which java.exe is JBoss? You might have to experiment with this, but when I'm running only NetBeans and JBoss, NetBeans (also a java.exe process) takes up roughly 150-250K memory, while JBoss around half that!

If anyone knows of a better way, please let me know as well.

Good luck,
Spiros

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4048385#4048385

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4048385